Ok....so I went and re-read my post "a fallen world" while I don't take back most of that, I do feel a little silly after reading it again. I was angry about my job. I have FINALLY given my anger to Jesus to deal with and I have come out the other side stronger. In light of Eternity, this Job is a small thing. But I have let it change me I think. I had high aspirations to make the world a better place, starting at Richardson pool. While that may not have happened the way I planned, I still think that God was able to use me through that situation.
Update on that though: I quit my job. I put in my resignation for the end of this month and 31 July is my last day. Part of me is really sad, but unfortunately it is what it is. So I am done at that facility, but I am looking for a job a little closer to Joel so that we can carpool. I don't look back on this experience and think it was bad. Like I said in my last post, I feel as though God has taught me a lot about myself and my strengths and weaknesses. I love the saying when one door closes another opens because I really feel like this will open a lot more doors for me, spiritually, emotionally and relationally.
So I finished my book: Merle's Door. Great. Again, that's all I can say. It was so sad of course-all dog memoirs end with the dog going down that long walk into the light, and I bawled my eyes out. But it was so great. Everytime I finished I wanted to move to Wyoming and buy a farm and let Duke just run free. If you can't tell, I love my dog.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
I think these surveys are kinda fun, so I figured I'd post it onstead of send it to people who will delete it anyway. Enjoy.
2. What color are your socks right now? Invisible
3. What are you listening to right now? No music....just Oprah.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Stouffer's Chicken panini. mmmm
5. Can you drive a stick shift? yes! fun stuff.
6. Last person you spoke to on the phone? Joel.
7. Do you like the person who sent this to you? Fo sho.
8. How old are you today? 24 years and 42 days......
9. What is your favorite sport to watch? Baseball and diving, ooh and figure skating. yeah. that's fun! And ALL of the olympics. 8.8.08 baby!
1 0. What is your favorite drink? let's see. Wild Strawberry Cyrstal Light.
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? once. not myself.
12. Favorite food? Italian, mexican, fun food, all food.
13. What is the last movie you watched? Wall-E. Best movie ever.
14. Favorite day of the year? my birthday. and Christmas.
15. How do you vent anger? Exercise. And I scream. Seriously. No not really. I bottle it.
16. What was your favorite toy as a child? Softball glove and ball.
17. What is your favorite season? Winter, then fall.
18. Cherries or Blueberries? Cherries
19. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back? is this really a question? Who doesn't?
20. Who is the most likely to respond? Well since this is a blog, probably no one.
21. Who is least likely to respond? Hullo. no one.
22. Living arrangements? cozy.
23. When was the last time you cried? i don't remember.
24. What is on the floor of your closet? nothing. maybe dukes bone.
25. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to?
26. What did you do last night? played Indiana Jones LEGO and then went to bed at 8. I work at 5:30.
27. What inspires you? laughter, music, the craft store
28. What are you most afraid of? Bugs. yuck!
29. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Joel's Chipotle cheddar burgers. Best I have ever had!
30. Favorite dog breed? Most. 1st-my Dukie (lab/shep), 2nd-Boxer, 3rd-Rhodesian Ridgeback
31. Favorite day of the week? Friday
32. How many states have you lived in?Ohio, NC, SC, Mississippi, Hawaii-so 5.