Monday, April 26, 2010

i'm going bald.


yep. that's me. going bald. i noticed my hair was falling out, but it always does, so i just figured it was shedding per usual, to make room for that thick, luscious silk that is my hair ::rolls on floor, laughing:: ok, yes i have coarse, curly, ridiculous hair, BUT it has always been thick. yesterday, as i am getting ready for church, i notice a bit of a "thin" spot. on both sides. (at least something is getting thinner....just not the something i would have chosen, but beggars can't be choosers!) i recently switched to organic shampoo and have noticed that i can't go more than 12 hours without my hair starting to get a little......."slick" looking, so of course, this is my first thought as to the likely culprit. or it could be this:


yes, my child is quite the hair puller. she grabs a chunk of my hair and holds on for dear life. if i'm not paying attention, she might even do a pull up or two.

but i am assuming the most likely reason is stress. could it be that "someone" ::nudge, nudge, wink, wink:: won't stay asleep for more than 20 minutes at a stretch during the day, and 3 hours or so at night? or could it be the poo water that has taken residence in my home some 4,500 miles away. either way, i'm hoping that once both of these issues are resolved, we will start to get some hair back! in the mean time, i might try mixing up the shampoo, taking some more vitamins, and getting some more sle......oh who am i kidding. i have a feeling there is no sleep in my near future to oh, the next 18-25 years.

here's to the stresses of motherhood, wreaking havoc on my girlish figure AND my hair.


No comments: