Tuesday, May 25, 2010

i have a mom car.


no, no. not a minivan. nothing against minivan's or their drivers. some of my favorite people drive a minivan. i grew up in a minivan. but, i have never thought of myself as a minivan driver. for one, i only have one kid. so i don't have the need for one. for two, i'm not ready. mentally, i'm just not there yet. just like, i am still holding on to my skinny jeans. i can't quite fit in to them anymore (who said i ever could?), but i am clinging to them with all the desperation of "one day" and hoping that, miraculously, they will make me skinny again.

we decided to look around at some cars. joel wanted the nissan leaf. ok, i'm down with that. zero emissions, no gas, plug in. wait. crap on a stick. we don't have a garage, which means....no outlet. ok, so, we aren't going to save the planet. at least not in the next 6 months or so.

we talk about some cars. decide we might want a ford, maybe another hybrid? so we head over to the lot, "just to look". and there. it. is.


aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

let the haggling begin! i won't bore you with all the details. but we got it and are happy. and that's what matters. and i give bella credit for that, for wooing all the salesmen. the girl's a charmer.

mmmmmmm.....gotta love that new car smell.


5 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on the new car! I long for the day I can get a new car. Let me just say that having a baby and a two-door car is NOT fun! Add in the fact that grandma lives on a hill, so the driveway might as well be at a 45 degree angle. Add the 2-car, a sleeping baby, and a hill and that equals ZERO fun!!

Bonita Allen said...

Wooohooo!!! Volvo's are awesome...gotta love the mommy car. Miss you guys!

Justine said...

yikes heather! my hubs tried to get me to get a 2 door car. i as like.....huh? lol. i feel for ya!

bonita! i know! i love it! hahaha. miss you too!

Jules AF said...

I don't think that's a mom car at all! I quite like it.

Justine said...

why thank you =) i quite like it too!